25 years of adventure

Bringing babies into the world. Helping those in need, or in pain. Holding the hands of those departing this world. As he clocks up 25 years of service with the New Zealand Fire Brigade, John Allen of the Awhitu Rural Fire Force looks to have experienced the full spectrum of joy and heartbreak. So what lead John to become involved […]

Pukekohe Christmas tree vandalised

Pukekohe’s Christmas tree was vandalised last week, with CCTV camera capturing images of a male smashing baubles from the tree, on to the ground. Kendyl Sullivan, manager of the Pukekohe Business Association (PBA) said the PBA installs and maintains the Christmas decorations around town. “We are incredibly disappointed by the senseless vandalism of baubles from our Christmas tree over the […]

Bike stolen from church

A 66 year-old female was the victim of theft whilst attending church. The Pukekohe local left her electric bike in the entrance of the Anglican Church on Queen Street, only to come out twenty minutes later to find that it had been taken. The incident happened around 8.20am on Sunday 3 December 2017, and Sergeant Jonathan Ziesler from the Pukekohe […]

A note from Emma’s Desk— 19 Dec

Being the queen of procrastination, I will admit that writing this column, in this very issue, has to be a new record of mine. As Bossman Steve says, ‘Eat the ugly Monkey first.’ Yet the struggle of bringing myself to write my last Editor’s Note has been very real. I have handed in my resignation here at the Post Newspaper, […]

Thousands spent on illegal dumping

Following on from Leah Minhinnick’s working bee last week on Alder Road, Waikato District Council have also expressed their frustrations over the illegal dumping in the area. Customer Support Manager, Sue O’Gorman, says it’s a huge problem and people have had enough. “Like you, we are completely fed up with people dumping their rubbish. These people are ruining the environment and […]

Lawson most consistent racer

Making the grand final of the Road To Indy Shootout in Arizona has showcased the talent of young Pukekohe racer Liam Lawson, and led to numerous inquiries from American race teams and global management companies. Lawson, 15, represented New Zealand in the two day competition that attracted 17 champion drivers from nine countries, all vying for a $US200,000 prize package. […]

Category Pages are limited to 90 days. Please use the archive page or the search box to find older articles.