Auckland Council is in the final stages of granting local property investor Neil Young of the Young Group of Companies, and a group of Doctors the green light for the new “Franklin Private Hospital’. “It’s an exciting new development, which has been years in the making,” according to those involved.
Franklin Private Hospital will offer comprehensive health care and will be constructed over the next two years.
Three fully equipped theatres will cater for all types of surgery. A range of specialists will provide professional services in state of the art facilities.
“We believe in Franklin and feel the time has come for us not to have to travel to Auckland for our tertiary health care needs,” the Doctors said.
“Our vision is to be able to provide services to the entire Franklin community. If we can work together with the Local district health board (DHB) to fund some procedures, all patients can be treated at the local facility, not just the privately funded ones.”
Franklin Private Hospital will be located at 149 Manukau Road, Pukekohe, next to the current Urgent Care Franklin site. It will also house a comprehensive radiology centre, including MRI and CT scanning, ultrasound and standard X-rays, orthopaedic and cardiology suites, plus a car park facility for 200 cars.
“The specialists at our hospital are all very well known in their respective fields, and will bring the best specialist care to Franklin.”
“We believe that a community is rated on its health care and education. These are vital reasons people choose to reside in an area, and with the opening of our own hospital, Pukekohe and its surrounds will be elevated to one of the most desirable areas in New Zealand.”
Building is expected to begin in early 2018, with a price tag that could well exceed $20 million. There will be future opportunity for Franklin residents to buy shares in the facility.
Deputy Mayor and Franklin Ward Councillor Bill Cashmore said “It will a great step forward for medical services in Pukekohe and Franklin, once approved”.
What’s on offer:
- Three fully equipped theatres for all types of surgery.
- An 800m2 state of the art Urgent Care facility which will be the new home of Urgent Care Franklin.
- A fully equipped radiology centre, incorporating MRI and CT scanning, ultrasound and standard X-rays.
- A State of the art Gastroenterology centre including Endoscopy and other day patient facilities.
- Bariatric centre for the management of Obesity.
- Specialist consulting rooms.
- Orthopaedic consulting suites.
- A full cardiology suite which able to carry out most cardiac diagnostics.
- An ophthalmology suite for refractive and management of eye disease.
- An ENT (ear, nose and throat) and plastic surgery suite.
- Overnight suites for inpatient care.